The comparison between 3D printing and injection molding is still under way.Manufacturers of 3D printers and 3D printing materials strive to achieve precision processing and detail of injection molding while enjoying the speed and cost-effectiveness of 3D printing.In a study entitled “Toward a Better Understanding of the Fused Deposition Modeling Process: Comparison with Injection Molding,”A team of researchers optimized the technological parameters of the 3D printed parts and compared them with the injection moulded samples.
The researchers used the PLA for 3D printing and injection molding samples.Thermogravimetric analysis (TGA) was performed on the samples, as was calorimetric analysis.
PLA has low thermal stability, so during injection molding, the samples were subject to major thermal degradation.The 3D printed samples did not suffer the same fate because the filament stayed in the nozzle for a short time.The researchers found that individually printed samples had better mechanical properties than simultaneously printed samples
Related Industry Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of electronic components
- Electronic components
- Simple triode introduced knowledge
- Resistor basic structure, do you know?
- Basics of transistor
- Capacitance effect and its principle
- Analysis on advantage of internal sensor and dr...
- Fuse of the temperature rise of the significanc...
- Aerial survey
- The advantages of aerial drones
- 3D Printing Materials Guide
- 3D Printing STL files
- DIY Make Halloween Your Own With This 3d Prints
- What to wear for Halloween?Check out these 3D-p...
- Amazing Halloween Frights You Can Make With An ...
- Beginners Guide To IR Sensor and how to use it ...
- RFID and Keypad Based Door Lock using Arduino
- Robot Arms Briefly Explained
- Arduino Robot Arm – 3 Best Robot Arms For Your ...
- Best Arduino Starter Kits – Buying Guide 2018